Nirvana XL Self-Bailer
Nirvana XL Self-Bailer
The Nirvana Self-Bailer is new and improved for the 2017 paddling season. We are excited to announce a number of upgrades, first of which is the introduction of our new Olive color (see last photo to the left). We have increased the volume of the stern when compared to the 2016 model which provides more bouyancy leading to a slightly lower waterline eliminating any water from pooling inside the packraft. We have also increased the Tizip from 16" in length to 19" which allows for ease when storing gear within the pontoons. We have introduced a backband to replace the inflatable seat back which provides more coverage and support on the lower back.
The Nirvana XL self-bailer has three air chambers, two chambers in the main hull system and the inflatable floor. All chambers now incorporate the Leafield D7 valve, one of the highest quality raft valves on the market.
The Nirvana XL self-bailer has all of the same attributes of the Nirvana with spraydeck, narrow trim, aggressive rocker on the bow, which give it great whitewater handling capability. However, instead of the spraydeck to keep water out, we have introduced drain holes in the floor and removed the spraydeck which allows water to drain through the floor when it enters the packraft. The 5" inflatable floor insert provides extra buoyancy, and additional height to the paddler to keep them above the waterline of the craft.
Finally, we have introduced a 4 point thigh strap system providing a more responsive handling ability whether you are carving into or out of an eddy, surfing a wave or even rolling your packraft. Thigh straps are sold separately here.
- Color – Yellow Sidewall, Black Floor
- Packraft + Inflatable Floor + Inflatable Seat Weight- 10.5 pounds (add 0.2 pounds for Tizip)
- Inflation Bag- 4 oz. (Inflation Time: 3 minutes)
- Chambers- 3 (Main Hull: 2 Inflatable Floor: 1)
- Outside Length: 103"
- Outside Width: 37"
- Tube Diameter- 11"
- Cockpit Length- 70"
- Cockpit Width- 15.5"
- Packed Size: 26" x 12" x 7"
- Load Capacity- 300 pounds
- Sidewall Construction – 210 denier double coated nylon, 1” seam welds, reinforced seam tape over all seams
- Floor Construction – 840 denier double coated nylon, v-tape floor construction for added durability
- All seams are sealed with a 1” seam tape to the deliver the highest durability and ensure the highest quality air holding properties.
- Includes Field Repair Kit
- 1 Year Warranty
The Whitewater Series was designed with the whitewater enthusiast in mind. The 2016-2017 Nirvana packrafts has a narrower trim and more pronounced rocker in both the bow and the stern than the 2015 model. The narrower trim allows for a more fluid carve into and out of eddies while the increased rocker makes surfing your favorite hole that much easier.
Each Whitewater Series packraft includes 6 d-rings strategically placed for packing your gear. We have also added 4 d-rings on each side of the inner tube to allow for the attachment of thigh straps. The Nirvana spraydeck model includes a sprayskirt which is 100% seam taped ensuring complete dryness when paddling. The Self-Bailing model includes a 5" thick inflatable floor to provide more ample drainage of whitewater.